Mabuhay Pop Quiz! Go to The Philippine History site to find more answers.
1. When did Hawaii and the Philippines come under U.S. rule?
2. Why did the sugar planters decide to find laborers in the Philippines?
3. What does sakada mean?
4. Filipinos are the ___-largest ethnic group in Hawaii, next to Caucasians and Japanese.
5. When did the last large group of Filipinos come to Hawaii?
6. What organization successfully organized the plantation laborers to work for better working conditions?
7. The ____________encouraged family reunification and the entry of skilled workers, and allowed continued immigration of Filipinos and other groups to the U.S.